- This Is What Your Credit Card Number Actually Mean [Infographic]
- The Microscopic Images Of Everyday Objects Look Fascinating
- This ‘Smart Insulin Patch’ Could Replace Injections For Diabetes Patients
- Swedish Researchers Create ‘Transparent Wood’ That Could Replace Glass In Windows
- 10 Minutes of Staring Into Someone’s Eyes Can Result In An Altered State of Consciousness
By an estimate, the US sends around 2 million computers to landfills every year and the e-scrap it can’t dump on its own soil gets shipped off to places like India and Pakistan and Nigeria, where they pay governments and organisations to dump garbage on their land. However, the computers you don’t use any more are quite valuable if you think about it. If you take them apart and sell them for spare parts or extract some gold from them you could be in for a good pay day. That’s right, gold.
And to further refine the gold, here’s another neat video.