- Here’s A Proof of Evolution That You Can Find On Your Own Body
- Niagara Falls Freeze Into Winter Wonderland, And This Is What It Looks Like At The Moment
- Eli Thompson, The Beautiful Baby Without A Nose
- Here’s Why Airlines Require All Window Shades To Be Open During Take Off and Landing
- What’s Inside? The Great Mystery of the Tiny Cylinder in Laptop Chargers Solved
The Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) has become a popular tool to overcome dreaded power outages. Its popularity has surged especially in developing nations where people find it a cheaper alternative to buying generators. However, it has its share of negatives. The UPS is notorious for giving great performance for a short span of time. Within a few years its battery has to be completely replaced and it has to be constantly maintained for good performance. Buying a new battery runs the bill up to more than a hundred dollars, but if you’re good at a little do it yourself, this is what you’ll need:
2. Distilled Water
3. Safety Equipment (gloves, goggles, masks)
Caution: Try this only in a well ventilated area and keep your battery’s manual by your side; consult it just in case.
1. Take 2 cups of distilled water and boil.
2. Introduce Epsom salts and dissolve until the solubility limit is reached (no more salt will dissolve). This should be around 2/3rds of a cup of Epsom salt.
3. Disconnect your battery and remove it from the UPS. Drain the acid until it is the same level as your plates.
4. Cool the Epsom salt solution to room temperature and pour it into the battery until the levels are full.
5. Place the caps back on and shake the battery. This will allow the crystallized sulphation on the inside of the battery to break free and dissolve in the solution.
6. Trickle charge the battery in a well ventilated area for 24 hours.
7. After the full charge, connect the battery to a high energy device like a head light and discharge it.
8. Charge the battery again.
This should give the battery a little more juice. When the battery begins to die again, repeat this process.