- This Silver Pen Lets You Draw Electrical Circuits
- This Adidas 3D-Printed Sneaker Is Made From The Trash We Throw Into The Ocean
- This Map Will Help You Track Every Space Mission In The Solar System
- This Man Hasn’t Watered This Sealed Bottle For 54 Years and It’s Still Living
- World’s Longest and Highest Glass Bridge In China Is Awesome and Scary
The process of desertification leaves lush green areas as deserts every year and it is becoming increasingly hard to reclaim these lands without natural rainfall. Irrigation isn’t always an option when natural bodies of water are scarce and so a German organization by the name of “Desert Greening” is using a different approach. They are literally, making it rain.
By using an old invention of Australian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich called the “Cloudbuster” from the 50s, they plan to attract clouds from distances of nearly 200 kilometers. Like a lightning rod attracts lightning, the Cloudbuster will use “Orgone Energy” to summon rain to the desert. Orgone Energy is a hypothetical life force present all around the universe (also theorized by Reich). You can think of it like “The Force” in the Star Wars Saga.
While this may seem like pseudoscience to many, the team at Desert Greening has been experimenting with the Cloudbuster since 2005 in southern Algeria and according to them, rain has increased.