- 10 Minutes of Staring Into Someone’s Eyes Can Result In An Altered State of Consciousness
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Sets Fire To A Jeep Days After Recall Is Announced
- This Mushroom Suit Will Eat Your Body After You Die
- New Physics Formula For Pi Links Quantum Mechanics And Pure Math
- Solar Powered Plane Takes Off On World Tour
It’s not uncommon for us to laugh in the face of Flat-Earthers and take out the time to prove conspiracy theorists wrong. Perhaps, it is high time that we looked inwards and cleared up our own issues and misconceptions about science and the world in general. Take gravity for that matter, it’s not what you think it is unless you have a degree in physics.
MinutePhysics video explained that the way people perceive gravity is actually skewed. You may have learned that things attract each other depending on their masses. Considering light particles do not have mass, it would mean that gravity does not affect light, correct? Unfortunately, that is not true since the source of gravity is energy and momentum; not mass.
Regular matter like atoms constitutes bodies, contains energy and momentum and so does light. As a result, it not only is affected by gravity but also affects it. Don’t try to mix up Newton’s law of gravitation with theory of relativity by Einstein as it has no connection here. There is evidence that suggests that velocities are not simply added to derive at a precise total. This explains why simple explanations don’t necessarily lead to accurate conclusions.