- Wrapping Food In Aluminium Foil Before Cooking Can Be Bad For Your Health
- Germany Has So Much Renewable Energy That People Are Now Being Paid To Consume Electricity
- Japan Street Swallowed By Giant Sinkhole Fixed In Just 48 hours
- German Carpenter Invents New Implant That Can Turn Sperm Off With A Switch
- This Physicist Shoots Himself To Prove A Point About Water, And Science Saved His Life
Silica Gel packs are kept in containers to avoid their contents from degradation (chemical or otherwise) by controlling the moisture content of the environment. So its natural that the packs can come in handy for quite a lot of things.
1. Storing seeds
If you want to keep your seed storage safe from moisture and degradation just stick a couple of silica gel packs in with them and they’ll be as dry as a desert when you check them.
2. Keep your tools from rusting
Rusting is basically the iron oxidizing when it reacts with the air and water in the atmosphere. Just stick a silica gel pack in your tool box and you’re good to go.
3. Keep that musty smell away from books
If you crowd your book collection around silica gel packs or vice versa you will keep away the musty smell from your library.
4. Make Christmas Ornaments last
Christmas ornaments have a pretty short lifespan. Silica gel packs can extend it.
5. Drying flowers
If you want to dry flowers quickly, suck up their moisture with silica gel packs.
6. Keep shoe and linen closets dry
Repeat the same process to keep moisture away from your essentials.
7. Keep spices, herb and dog food containers dry
Tape a pack to the inside of a lid. Voila, dry food.
8. Keep the gym bag dry
This is a breeding ground for moisture, silica gel packs can make the gym bag less gross.
9. Keeping pictures safe
To make sure those precious memories don’t fade away, keep some silica gel packs nearby.
10. Camera and condensation
If you have a DSLR or point and shoot that you want to keep from moisture, keep it in a box with silica gel packs.
11. Make up/travel bag
Girls, try a silica gel pack to keep your make up kit fresh and your clothes dry in your bag.
Well sometimes moisture can really ding up your cell phone’s keys, display and performance (seriously the touch screen stops working). Keep the silica gel packs handy.
13. Foggy windshields
Winters/rainy season can always fog up your windshield and before you know it you’re driving blind. Keep some packs in your car and save yourself the trouble of stopping every minute to wipe your screen.
BONUS: Razor blades
They rust quickly (same principle as no. 2) keep some silica gel packs near them to make them last longer.